Last Updated: 30 August 2021
Massoth’s “DiMAX” DCC system is incredibly popular amongst European large scale enthusiasts. At the same time, it’s relatively unkown in America, where other systems dominate. Massoth offers a complete range of DCC products, of which the “DiMAX” central station is the center piece.
The core of Massoth’s DiMAX system is the “1210Z” central station. The 1210Z is the successor to the previous 1200Z, and also replaces the less powerful 800Z system. The DiMAX 1210Z has a power output of up to 12 Amps, which makes it the most powerful unit on the market, and ideally suited for larger railways. The power output is adjustable in three steps, the output voltage can be adjusted as well. The central station does not come with a power supply, which is sold separately depending on your region.
The “Navigator” is a handheld controller featuring a backlit display, a speed controller knob and several push buttons. For wireless operation of the Navigator, you need a separately available wireless receiver unit that is attached to the DiMAX central station.
In 2019, Massoth switched to the 2.4 GHz frequency for the wireless operation between the Navigator and the Central Station, which allows international use, and the same time reduces the product variety to one type of controller/transmitter only, instead of having many different variants of the Navigator and RC receiver unit available for specific regions.
The previous versions of the Navigator can actually be retrofitted with a new 2.4 GHz transmitter (Art.No. 8131901) for continued use in the new 2.4 GHz reality.
In case the standard 12 Amps power output is still not enough, Massoth offers a “1202B” booster unit which outputs 12 Amps, or two times 6 Amps. For the booster unit, you need another 1200T power supply.
Available Components (EU)
- Massoth 8136501 DiMAX 1210Z Digital Central Station (Facelift 2021) – € 729,95 (MSRP 2021)
- Massoth 8134801 DiMAX Navigator 2.4 GHz – € 279,00 (MSRP 2021)
- Massoth 8131001 DiMAX Wireless Receiver 2.4 GHz – € 129,00 (MSRP 2021)
- Massoth 8137501 DiMAX 1202B Digital Booster 12 A – € 489,95 (MSRP 2021)
- Power Supply
- Massoth 8135601 Power Supply 24 V / 13.3 A [DE] – € 149,00 (MSRP 2021)
- Massoth 8135602 Power Supply 24 V / 13.3 A [CH] – € 149,00 (MSRP 2021)
- Massoth 8135603 Power Supply 24 V / 13.3 A [UK] – € 149,00 (MSRP 2021)
- Massoth 8135604 Power Supply 24 V / 13.3 A [US] – € 149,00 (MSRP 2021)
- Discontinued – Massoth 8135501 DiMAX 1200T Power Supply – € 269,00 (MSRP 2018)
- Massoth 8131901 DiMAX Transmitter 2.4 GHz (for previous Navigator units) – € 89,00 (MSRP 2021)
Technical Specifications (EU)
- DiMAX 1210Z
- Output Voltage : 14 – 22 V (adjustable)
- Output Power: 12 A (adjustable to 7 A or 4 A)
- Input Voltage: 16 – 24 V DC
- Dimensions: 170 x 100 x 245 mm
- Delivery Scope: no power supply
- DiMAX Power Supply
- Output Voltage: 24 V
- Output Power: 13.3 A
- DiMAX Receiver
- Delivery Scope: RC receiver, one bus cable
- DiMAX 1202B
- Output Voltage: 14 – 22 V (adjustable, 5 steps)
- Output Power: 1 x 12 A / 2 x 6 A
- Input Voltage: 18 – 24 V DC
- Delivery Scope: Booster, no power supply
Pros & Cons
+ 12 Amps output power
+ Intuitive handheld controller
+ PC connection
+ Small(er) company, good support
– No factory mobile app for wireless operation
Links & Downloads
- Website – Massoth